What makes a spin a Spin?

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 20:22:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Max Spevack wrote:

> No one will *force* Fedora RelEng, QA, or Infrastructure to take on any work
> they don't want.  Similarly, no one should tell the tinkerers to stop playing
> or slow down.  That last thing is the *worst possible action* that could be
> taken.

Unfrotunately want is often not the problem in Infrastructure, we'd like
to be everything for everyone.  Really :) but we're just not there right
now, though, really, spin storage is plentiful with our new dedicated
torrent box.  Its still finite and can fill up.  Its a lot easier to say
"no" now then "we have to remove your spin" later.

We've talked about metrics a lot, perhaps a minimum number of downloads
over a certain period of time?  We could just keep the most popular spins
up.

	-Mike