What makes a spin a Spin?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 20:56:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 15:44 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> Haven't we been through this before?

See, I thought so too.  Yet the fact that this keeps coming up says to
me that either we didn't or the people who did are no longer on the
Board and the memory didn't "institutionalize".

> My understanding was that no distro, derived from All Fedora Bits (tm) or
> not, could not bear the Official Fedora Name unless it was blessed by the
> board.  Which probably implies blessed by QA and releng.  Did I
> misunderstand the policy?  Has policy changed, and I'm unaware of it?

That's what I understood as well.

> But really, this is also about the Brand (tm).  And I'm still not clear
> that we have a handle on what the Brand (tm) entails.
>
> So perhaps we should have a restatement from The Board about policies
> regarding The Brand.

Exactly and worded much better than the few mails I've tried to write
today and continuously failed with.

Jeremy