What makes a spin a Spin?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 21:04:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:44:42 -0500 (EST)
Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> Sigh.
>
> Haven't we been through this before?
>
> My understanding was that no distro, derived from All Fedora Bits
> (tm) or not, could not bear the Official Fedora Name unless it was
> blessed by the board.  Which probably implies blessed by QA and
> releng.  Did I misunderstand the policy?  Has policy changed, and I'm
> unaware of it?

Sortof.  It seems that Max wants to empower folks in areas to create
and share things called Fedora without going through releng / QA
because releng / QA resources are finite.  I tend to want this too, but
in a way that the product is labeled as contrib and not official Fedora.

--
Jesse Keating