permission to use spec files in other projects

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jan 2 16:23:18 UTC 2008

On 02.01.2008 15:34, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> The topic "permission to use Fedora spec files in other projects" is
>> still on the EPEL agenda, as that's the area where the topic came up.
>> @Board, @FESCo: Any progress on this?
> Pardon my ignorance and/or naivety, but isn't this covered by the CLA,
> clause 2:
> [...]
> yada yada, basically says (to my own non-lawyer interpretation) that
> folks can take these fedora-contributed materials and do pretty much
> whatever.

The CLA is signed between contributers and the Fedora Project/Red Hat.
it has no meaning for a third party.

It's like company A and company B having a contract that all work done
by company A which gets submitted to B is bound to that contract. But
that has no meaning for a company C that might want to pick up the work
from company B.

CU
knurd