dormant bugs and our perception

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 22:24:49 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 1:14 PM, John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> Unlike others that have posted here, I am less optimistic that we can
> viably review and address all 13,000+ open bugs.  We need to do
> something drastic to clear the deck and start a process that insures
> that we don't end up in this hole again.  I think this huge backlog is
> one of the biggest psychological de-motivators we have!

I think you are right about clearing the deck as part of a re-launch
for a triaging inititive.

I also think that now that we have bodhi and the bugs interfaces to
compliment what we have in bugzilla we have more to work with in terms
of workflow flexibility for different groups of people
(users,developers,triagers).

Is there a way to possibly group bugs by SIG? So we can have specific
triagers associated with SIGs. triagers as a group are a team, but
then they also act as a liaison to each SIG which controls the
packaging and development of related of packages.  That way SIGs might
advertise their triager role to new contributors as a starting point,
but make a commitment to mentoring those people so that in 6 months
those people move on to handling more advanced roles in the SIG such
as package maintainer, and new triagers are found for the entry level
position.

-jef