dormant bugs and our perception

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 03:58:01 UTC 2008

On 01/02/2008 10:07 PM, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> One problem with this is that there tend to be a fair number of
> duplicate bugs filed.  So fifty people triaging one bug a piece means
> that they don't catch those duplicates and treat them as such.  Instead,
> they seem them as fifty separate bug reports.

Part of being a triager is knowing how to search for dupes.  If we need
to train or write better docs, so be it.  Bugs in the Moz community are
typically duped within minutes of filing by one of their many triagers,
or confirmed and they move on.  If several people do end up looking at a
bug, no big deal, as they now know of an issue that people are having
and can easily refer back to it.