"Action Items" From FUDCon?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jan 14 07:02:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 12:45:01AM -0600, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> Personally, I'm tired of hacking around CVS's deficiencies and would
> rather work on moving to a VCS that provided stronger guarantees about
> the integrity of the data.

Couldn't agree more - we did have a VCS strike team to determine the
next generation vcs to use, what happened to it (of which I was part
of, so actually it is a question to myself ...). Maybe we should go
away from this list and consult on fedora-infra/buildsys lists again
on what the successor to CVS should be. I think it had boiled down to
either mercurial or git.

(FWIW the current CVS problem could be solved by having koji remember
the file revisions over which the user has no control - it's the
symbolical tags that the user can retag - drawback is that one needs
koji to remember all files & revision/per/file for each build, but
koji is an automaton, so it will cope with it until given a proper vcs
:)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net