"Action Items" From FUDCon?

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 15:26:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 12:45:01AM -0600, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> > Personally, I'm tired of hacking around CVS's deficiencies and would
> > rather work on moving to a VCS that provided stronger guarantees about
> > the integrity of the data.
>
> Couldn't agree more - we did have a VCS strike team to determine the
> next generation vcs to use, what happened to it (of which I was part
> of, so actually it is a question to myself ...). Maybe we should go
> away from this list and consult on fedora-infra/buildsys lists again
> on what the successor to CVS should be. I think it had boiled down to
> either mercurial or git.

No one ever really stood up and said "Here's my vision for what I think
the next VCS should be" and stood with it (through the fire and flames
that will come to anyone who does that).  We had some people get into
some very good discussions but unfortunately I think $DAYJOB is in the
way.

If someone is interested, here's the page, start putting meetings
together.  Until that time I think we're stuck with CVS.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/SCMSig

	-Mike