Fedora Board Recap 2007-JAN-13

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 18 10:40:37 UTC 2008

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>
>> the biggest one is that if you install it you get twm as the window
>> manager and not a XFCE desktop environment.
>
> Maybe we should just call it the Fedora TWM spin.  ;)

Well, if you boot it as a live cd or in USB, you will get Xfce. Post
installation, it defaults to TWM which is think is a bug somewhere since
/etc/sysconfig/desktop just disappears. Also /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients
probably should not hard core the logic it does. I have the kickstart
file at

http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/livecd-fedora-8-xfce.ks

Any help is welcome.

Rahul