Mandatory subscriptions to a memo-list?

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Jan 19 22:10:11 UTC 2008

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:39:34 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > I have similar problems when sending outage notifications.  When I have a
> > message to get out to the community, where do I send it?  In the case of
> > outages it affects art, docs, websites, etc teams.  But the plain old
> > Fedora-announce list doesn't seem quite right (its more for end user
> > communication I think).
>
> ... Fedora artists, documenters, webmasters etc.
>
> Or paraphrased: Everything not end-user consumable should go to
> fedora-devel-announce and everyone involved with Fedora more than as
> an end user should be subscribed there.
>
> The alternative of creating new *-announce lists will add to the list
> inflation problem.

Once the lists and mandatory subscriptions exist -- and provided that
the contributors cannot unsubscribe -- what is left is to make the
subscribers aware of the lists, so they can set up their mail filters
appropriately. Memos, which end up in a folder filled with the traffic
of other fedora lists, would be less helpful.

What about a news feed for such memos?