Fedora account restrictions

Russell Harrison rtlm10 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:32:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 6:11 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> You're again confusing the issue of age with the issue of anonymity. The
> fact that his parents are paranoid muppets and are _imposing_ the
> anonymity on him, and that he chooses to accept that, is not our
> business. Our business is that he's coming to us asking if he can be a
> contributor while remaining anonymous -- and we seem mostly to be saying
> 'no'.

My understanding is that he isn't requesting to remain anonymous to
the Fedora Project.  He's requesting that his name not be used in
places visible to the Internet at large.  I'm not suggesting that we
allow anonymous contributions.  I'm looking for a way to keep the
personal data of a minor available to only fp members or a subset of
members.  I do feel its important that all contributions be connected
to an actual person.  Does that mean we have to broadcast that name to
the rest of the Internet?

--
Russell Harrison
Systems Administrator -- Linux Desktops

Note:  The positions or opinions expressed in this email are my own.
They are not necessarily those of my employer.