Fedora account restrictions

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 16:50:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 08:43 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Note that there's nothing preventing an app from getting information
> from internal_comments, just that nothing currently does (or has any
> reason to).

Not just an app, but a "non-Red Hat employee" human. In order for this
to have any chance of working, we'd have to prevent all non-Red Hat
employees from having any access to the FAS systems, or anything that
could get the data from FAS systems.

Any possible benefit from anonymous contributors is vastly outweighed by
the restrictions we'd have to make in the infrastructure group.

The CLA is a legal document, providing accountability to Fedora and Red
Hat. We need a real, legal name for that document, and I don't think we
should even attempt to guarantee anonymity for anyone.

It goes against the spirit of Open Source, which is the spirit of
Fedora.

~spot