Requests to the board

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Sat Jan 26 05:40:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Josh Boyer wrote:

> - FUDCon: IIRC, this came more from Greg than it did the board.  It
> seems to be massively popular with those that can attend, so it's good
> that the board continues to have them.  Eventually one will have to
> happen in a city away from a Red Hat main office to attract new people
> and prevent it from becoming "Boondoggle meet us if you can"Con.

This is the year that happens.  One of our big budget requests for the
fiscal year starting March 1 is to enable us to take FUDCon global, and
have large FUDCon events that aren't in Boston or Raleigh.

Once all this budget gets finalized, we will be able to paint a picture
for FAB of the many community-building activities that we plan to do
this year and discuss with FAB the best way to implement them.

--Max