Requests to the board

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 27 01:32:58 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2008 8:11 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> It is more a question of how do you vote for someone without
>> understanding their ideas on various decisions being made within the board?
>
> Okay let's take me for example.  Did you and everyone else in
> contributor-space have a reasonably good idea of what sort of things I
> was interested in before I even stood for election?

To some extend, yes. A platform for debates like
http://www.mail-archive.com/foundation-list@gnome.org/msg02497.html
might be useful here.

> Do you doubt for a second that I would stop championing the same sort
> of things now that I have ultimate power at the cost of sitting in on
> a phone call once a week?

I might not. Others might. Nobody outside the board has much insight
into what individual people within feel about specific issues. I don't
think asking them all whenever decisions are made scales well. When I
make specific requests to the board, I don't really know who is
supporting my viewpoints or what they are disagreeing on if they do.

Rahul