Requests to the board

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 04:27:07 UTC 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 4:32 PM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> To some extend, yes. A platform for debates like
> http://www.mail-archive.com/foundation-list@gnome.org/msg02497.html
> might be useful here.

I like the idea of having a set of common questions that form the
basis of a dialog between a candidate and voters.  I very very much
dislike using the term "debate"  because its very much tied up with
arguing and "opposing" something.  I really don't like "opposing"
things.  I love discussing things, I like crafting consensus and when
that fails, experimentation.  That being said... I oppose the use of
the word "debate"

> I might not. Others might. Nobody outside the board has much insight
> into what individual people within feel about specific issues.

Let me repeat what I said. If you want to know where a specific
individual stands on something, ask that specific individual. They
will answer you as they see fit on their personal take on any
situation.

> I don't think asking them all whenever decisions are made scales well.

So you don't want to treat them as individuals anymore because they
sit on a phone call together?  Do you want all the members of fesco,
or the packaging committee, to give you detailed opinion statements as
to where they stand on each and every decision that comes up?

> When I make specific requests to the board, I don't really know who is
> supporting my viewpoints or what they are disagreeing on if they do.

Isn't this what the fab list is for?  Aren't you keeping notes as to
who is communicating with you on fab?

-jef