Requests to the board

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 05:13:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Mike McGrath wrote:
> >
> > I've been happy with the board, no need to fix something that isn't
> > broken.
>
> It is more a question of how do you vote for someone without understanding
> their ideas on various decisions being made within the board?

Well, each individual is up on their own to decide who to vote for but I
vote for the person.  In this last election I voted for Domsch, even
though I was running (didn't feel right voting for myself and its a
community seat and really should go to a community member).

So why Domsch?  Well, I've worked with him on a number of items and I use
a lot of Dell servers (which work with Linux in no small part because of
him and the Dell team).  Those two things combined make him someone I want
to keep on the board.  It's a trust thing, I trust his decision making.

Such things do not work in large environments like say... a United States
government.  But work well in a meritocracy, You vote for the people that
have the merit to claim your vote.

	-Mike