[Fwd: Re: Eeedora (Fedora + Eee PC) - hosting question?]

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:45:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 8:03 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Someone should contact the folks behind eeedora and see if we can
> > coordinate and merge back changes. Anyone interested?
>
> It should be the other way around really.

I think its useful to have communications go both ways.  Sitting back
and waiting for people to integrate their kickass ideas into our
project, isn't always going to be good enough.  It may help quite a
bit to go to eeedora developers and communicate our policies and our
desire to see this folded into the larger umbrella project by getting
the necessary bits in place.  It does no good to hold our breath and
expect people to come to us everytime they have a good idea. We have
to be ready to meet them halfway.. and if possible bring fedora
community people willing to help with the integration work to them to
help get there.

But since i don't even own an eee, I'm not sure I'm the best fedora
community rep to jump into eeedora and start helping them integrate
back with us.  Any takers out there for being a liason to eeedora
development with the goal of getting the technical bits back into
fedora proper so we can target eee?

-jef