privacy policy resolved

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 23:21:35 UTC 2008

In the Board call today we discussed the Fedora privacy policy.

This question had been sent up to Red Hat Legal to discuss, and they
presented a sensible answer.  We're to use the redhat.com privacy
policy:

http://www.redhat.com/legal/privacy_statement.html

In my experience, this works well.  The privacy policy is well vetted
and it keeps Fedora from having to maintain a stand-alone, one-off
version.  All the protections we require are there.

I updated these page to reflect the usage:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/PrivacyPolicy

Thanks to the folks who did the original work to put together a
stand-alone version for Fedora; hope that you understand why this is a
better and easier solution. ;-D

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.