Reviving the idea of Fedora Mentors?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jun 2 02:36:03 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 21:47 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> The user checks the boxes in question, and the Mentors receive an
> email. "Achtung!  There's a new contributor!  Here's their email
> address!  Bring them home!"

A few thoughts:

1. A lot of CLA signers don't speak/read English (trust me, I know).
Thus, a lot of FAS2 account holders don't. Currently, FAS2 doesn't
require people to list the languages they speak/read. If we want to do
this, we might want to enable that functionality, and respond
appropriately.

2. Some of the people creating FAS2 accounts are doing so as part of the
packaging process (they've just passed their first package review and
are about to be sponsored). We just want to keep that in mind.

~spot