Reviving the idea of Fedora Mentors?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 03:35:16 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jef had mentioned using office hours as a basis for keeping IRC helpful.
> We should use that idea to make mentoring into a real commitment.

Yes I think asking people to make an affirmative commitment in terms
of time will be useful so we can put 'helping' on a solid framework so
we can track who is making the commitment and how large the commitment
is across the contributor base.   We can try to establish how many
manhours are being contributed in this area as a starting point for
greater organization.

-jef