Fedora Board Recap 2008-JUN-10

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 17:24:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 13:03 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 11:22 -0400, John Poelstra wrote:
> > # The download baseurl (outside of the mirror lists, which are
> correctly
> > handled) will be at secondary.fedoraproject.org (or whatever).
>
> Okay.
>
> > Therefore they can not spin a release from Fedora packages.
>
> Wait, what?

The URL thing is less of a concern than the fedora-release package and
the gpg key.  We're going to have to change the way fedora-release puts
gpg keys on the file system to accommodate secondary arches.

For the URL, we'll likely need a redirect for the secondary arch
folders, but the problem there is that we don't directly control the
http servers that run for download.fedora.redhat.com.  So there is
discussion about changing the baseurl= entry in the yum repo files to
instead make use of mirrormanager, which has some disadvantages in
putting all our eggs into mirrormanager, and if it goes down, there is
no pre-listed baseurl to fall back to.

We're going to hash out some of these things at FUDCon.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!