Fedora Board election results

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 25 00:45:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 22:54 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> But three of those four elected are Red Hat employees for whom working
> and contributing to Fedora is part of their job (afaik; but is it the
> case for Seth? not completely sure, sorry. But he is well known in
> Fedora though Yum, so that might be and important factor);

This is not an unfair point. Being able to spend all your time on
something does make it more likely you'll be well known. I mentioned
this before but I'd be in favor of consecutive term limits for being on
the fedora board for rh employees tasked with working on fedora full
time.

so, for example, I could not run for another term, but I could sit out a
couple of terms and come back if I wished to run for election, again.

What would you think about that?

-sv