Fedora Board election results

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 12:42:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 21:06 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> It's only unfair in one aspect; it targets Red Hat without targeting
> other employers.  What if someone at Dell were paid to work full time on
> Fedora?  They would obviously reap the same visibility benefits as a Red
> Hat employee working on Fedora.
>
> It is becoming more and more common for companies to invest man hours
> into open source projects.  I do not see this trend changing drastically
> in the near future, so it's something projects such as Fedora are going
> to have to come to terms with in some form.

I am actually evidence of this.  In one of my past roles, Fedora was
vitally important to our business.  As such, one of my main duties was
to spend time on the Fedora project and ensure that it was continuing to
go in a direction that was compatible with our business.  That's also
what spawned Fedora Legacy.

In other words, I was a paid Fedora contributor long before I was a Red
Hat employee.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!