Fedora Board election results

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 13:18:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:00 AM, John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> Michael Schwendt said the following on 06/24/2008 05:31 PM Pacific Time:
>>>
>>> I think it would really help your case to put forth some specific
>>> examples of when this has or has not happened recently.
>>>
>>> Maybe I'm not following what you're saying,
>>
>> Looks like you're biased and in "defensive mode" already. What I'm saying,
>> in other words, is that the election is rather uninteresting. So
>> uninteresting that loading the web page and taking the time to vote may be
>> considered a waste of time already. One can try little games like Greg
>> and vote for non-RH candidates only, but one could also throw dice and
>> pick random candidates.
>>

> It looks like we're not getting anywhere so I will conclude with this.
>
> I was hoping we could have more of a "conversation" and understand each
> other's point of view which is what I was genuinely attempting to do.
> Summarily dismissing me as "biased" and "defensive" reduces things to a
> personal level (away from the issues) and limits that opportunity.
>
> You've put forth several very strong assertions about how Red Hat controls
> all decisions and that community input is meaningless.  It is disingenuous
> to the conversation to put forth assertions like this without any supporting
> evidence and then say others are "defensive" and "biased" when they seek
> more details.

Actually I didn't read the original as that.. but I can see how it
could be seen as that. I do not think this is a conversation that does
well in  email. There are too many human conversational queue's
missing and people are putting in a lot of what they think the other
person's body language in.

If we are going to use range voting to give people better 'feelings'
of commitment, I think that initial gathering of comments about lack
of participation are going to be done in a similar format..

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux