Fedora Board election results

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 17:32:31 UTC 2008

Josh Boyer wrote:
> That's why RH has appointed seats.  So if they aren't appointing people
> to lookout for their business interests, there's not much Fedora can do
> about it...

So our choices now are appoint yet another @redhat.com person which will
make the community complain louder (can we say 7-2?), or appoint someone
from the community which will not represent Red Hat's interests.  Both
options have pretty bad downsides for Red Hat.  We're trying to both
play nice with the community by giving them a say, and protect our
interests.  Which is probably not completely possible this time around....