Fedora Board election results

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jun 25 17:36:37 UTC 2008

> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 17:19 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >
> > In this vote, my criteria has been (in decreasing importance):
> > * Not being @RH, because I wanted to see the community strengthened in
> > this already @RH-predominated FPB and therefore don't see much reason
> > into adding more @RHs.
>
> Do you feel that every Red Hat employee is the same person, and that we
> all have the same opinions and ideals?
Not at all, except that _some_ @RH's appear to "drink the same kool-aid,
talks in uniform, and would all wear matching clothes".

>   Is our getting a paycheck from
> Red Hat somehow make us less interested in seeing Fedora be the greater
> good for the greater community?  Is there no way to get past this
> prejudice ?
This is not prejudice, my criterion above had primarily been a political
decision, because ... (see above) I want to see the community
strengthened and not to be furtherly predominated with further @RHs.

To some of the @RH candidates anther thought applied: I consider the
concentration of "responibilities" in Fedora some people have
accumulated to be unhealthy.

IMO, Fedora should find regulations for such situations, e.g. FESCO and
FPB positions to be mutually exclusive.

Ralf