Fedora Board Recap 2008-JUN-24

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jun 28 16:44:39 UTC 2008

On 28.06.2008 17:14, John Poelstra wrote:

A few comments from my side, in case anybody is interested:

> === FUDCon Boston ===
> * Wondering if Red Hat Summit helped or hurt

- I liked that Summit and FUDCON were close together, but maybe a little
bit less overlap (e.g. Friday to Sunday for FUDCon instead of Thursday
to Saturday) might have a bit been better/easier (but I'm not completely
sure about that; see below)

> * We didn't have a lot to show the "drive-bys" from the Summit who came
> by the hackfest session

Maybe that's because there was not much to see and no real schedule
Summit attendees could look at to say "hey, I want to join this session
and help"?

For example I guess a least a few Summit attendees might have joined the
the EPEL hackfest discussions if they were scheduled for a specific date
and time; likely same for the Spacewalk discussions; maybe even for the
rawhide discussions as well. But that of course would have required that
we say "EPEL discussions Friday 10 - 12, room 310; be there is you are
interested; we'd like to have your input how to move on with EPEL".

But on the other hand that of course requires that there is enough
overlap with the Summit.

CU
knurd