Fedora Board Recap 2008-MAR-04
poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 00:21:41 UTC 2008
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-03-04 (including full
== Roll Call ==
Attendees: Paul Frields, Steve Dickson, Bill Nottingham, Chris Aillon,
Matt Domsch, Jef Spaleta, Karsten Wade, Bob McWirther, Dennis Gilmore,
Seth Vidal, John Poelstra, Everyone on #fedora-board-meeting
== Followup to Previous Business ==
=== Secondary Arch Hosting (2008-02-19) ===
* Can Fedora host binaries for secondary architectures?
* Change from original proposal
* makes it easier to get new mirrors and use mirror manager
* DECISION: board approves of Fedora hosting binaries for secondary
* '''FOLLOWUP 2008-02-26'''
* Infrastructure group raising issue with lack of space
* Are distribution methods a concern for growing secondary
* OWNERS: Seth and Matt; Spot also assisting
* ACTIONS: reach out to existing relationships and pursue storage
* '''FOLLOWUP 2008-03-04'''
* Seth to do more followup with BU--potentially 150G
* Spot reports 450G from HP
* Check back on 2008-03-18
=== Post-release updates of custom spins (2008-01-29) ===
* Should the board have to approve them?
* We will hosts as many spins as we have space for
* Need to determine the hosting requirements and limits
* How long will spins stay around?
* ACTION: Jef to review Rahul's proposal and report back to board
* OWNER: Jef Spaleta
* '''FOLLOWUP on 2008-02-12'''
* Jef is waiting for feedback from Jeremy Katz on release
* People are still not clear on exactly what is required to create
an official "Fedora Spin"
* Need a clear list of guidelines of what a spin owner is
responsible for and what they are required to test
* Hoping a test will come from Jeremy Katz as part of feedback
from release engineering
* We are only talking about spins that use GA packages, thus testing
for GA should have given us enough comfort that risk is minimized
* We only need to be concerned with new combination of packages
that a spin would present
* ACTIONS & OWNERS:
* Paul Frields--followup with Fedora Release Engineering and QA
contingent to discuss testing requirements
* Jef Spaleta to formulate specific guidelines for review prior
to or at next board meeting (dependent on feedback from release engineering)
* '''FOLLOWUP on 2008-02-19'''
* Crux of issue right now is figuring out exactly what input
release engineering is supposed to be giving
* Jef will have a writeup to the board by next meeting
* Paul will be at the Red Hat office in Westford, MA next week and
can sit down and work out any of the remaining details with Jeremy,
Jesse, Will, etc.
* '''FOLLOWUP on 2008-02-26'''
* releng has created
* Jef has input from Rahul and plans to start writing a draft
* '''FOLLOWUP on 2008-03-04'''
* Jef posting proposal to fedora-advisory-board-list:
== New Business ==
* Q&A with Fedora Board on IRC
* Will attempt to have one public meeting per month
=== Questions & Answers ===
a. GPL compliance for event media 14:34
a. Swag with Fedora trademark (logo) 4:43
a. Non-RHT people for RHT appointed board seats
a. Presto in Fedora 9
a. LWN Subscription status
a. OLPC and Fedora relationship
a. FUDCon 10 and future FUDCons
== Next Meeting ==
* Permanent meeting time and day until further notice
* TIME: 14:00 EST (19:00 UTC)
* DATE: Tuesday, 2008-03-11
More information about the fedora-advisory-board