Proposal: Fedora at Home Project

Bryan Che bche at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 18:32:43 UTC 2008

<snip>

> +1 to:
>   a set of brand-neutral projects that drive code development

We are doing most of this work upstream in the Condor community.  So,
the development work is not Fedora-branded.

>   a Fedora-branded distro that bring the tools together

Do you mean a custom Fedora spin?  I'd love eventually to have this as a
first-boot option on a standard Fedora distribution where users can
opt-in to donating CPU cycles.

>   a Fedora-branded instantiation using Fedora infrastructure

To clarify: if we host the live scheduler at Fedora, would we still
brand this as a Fedora project even if we support having other platforms
donate CPU cycles?

Thanks,

Bryan