Proposal: Fedora at Home Project

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 22:26:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> I see this being more interesting as a way to have Fedora as a
> community interact with outside computing efforts. Off the top of my
> head, let's say we had this infrastructure up and running. Could we
> reach out to the blender community and work with them by offering the
> Fedora grid to help render scenes of another community funded animated
> film?
>
> -jef"I hope Greg is reading this"spaleta

Greg is reading this.

But Greg doesn't understand enough to be useful.  So maybe someone can
draw me a picture, or point me to a previously drawn picture that I may
have studiously ignored.  The picture should answer these questions:

1. What does a developer need to do to make an application "grid aware"?

2. What does a user need to do to farm out activity to the grid?

3. What application could be a test case for this grid functionality?

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager