Spin Updates Policy Draft

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:01:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
>  I think this is pretty good.  Nothing makes me twitchy here.

I need releng as a group to make sure they are okay with the review
burden put forward here.  I'm trying to strike a balance so that
releng doesn't block an update unless there is a significant technical
change.

I sort of expect hosting will be an extremely limiting factor, and the
space infrastructure puts forward as the hard limit on the size of the
hosting space for torrents will put pressure on spin maintainers to
opt out of creating updates.

I want to be very clear on this even though I mentioned it in the Spin
Release Policy Draft.  I expect infrastructure to make a space
allocation at the beginning of the release testing process which sets
a hard limit on the space allocated for release images as part of a
balanced view of total available data hosting resources.

-jef