Spin Updates Policy Draft

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:51:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 23:22:42 -0400
Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 17:31 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> > > So that means we need buy-in from rel-eng to do more building of images.
> > > I know that I personally don't have any spare cycles for doing so
> >
> > Building images isn't all that time consuming.  I was doing it for a
> > while before we started this conversation and I'll do it again if needs
> > be.  Frankly, it's one of the few ways I feel I can actually
> > contribute.  Yay for more than 1 person in rel-eng ;)
>
> Building them doesn't take long.  Verifying is where the time is spent.
> Well, and getting things to fit on a CD.[1]

1) Getting things to fit on the CD (if that's the target size) should
be done by the spin owner, not rel-eng.  If it doesn't fit in the
target size, rel-eng punts back to the owner.  That's in Jeff's
proposal.

2) You said building originally.  Not building and verifying :)

That being said, for "Featured/Hosted Spins" I thought we were doing to
do the Beta period, which should still apply for updated spins.  Much
testing should ensure during that timeframe.

josh