Fedora and Google search: the final report

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:47:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Bryan Che <bche at redhat.com> wrote:
>  I used "Fedora at home" in my initial e-mail--so people would instantly
>  understand what I was proposing).  The alternative is that we'd have to
>  put a lot of marketing effort behind making people aware of a name like
>  "Trellis."

The reason why @home is instantly recognizable is the exact same
reason it's probably a trademark infringement to use it!

Yes... you absolutely have to make a marketing effort to establish a
new brand... that's why trademarks get protected status. You can't
trade on an brand of an established mark. Nor do you want other's to
make use of the value of the brand of the marks you establish without
your permission.

-jef