FUDCon Lodging

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 22:08:45 UTC 2008

As the co-organizers for the North American FUDCon F10, the illustrious
Max Spevack and I are trying to get a handle on our true hotel needs for
the event. To that end, I’ve made a couple changes to the FUDCon
planning page so we can gather information on who needs lodging for the
show:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon/FUDConF10#Attendees

PLEASE visit that page and add your information to the table of
attendees. We’re asking who’s attending the Summit as a customer so we
can weigh the logistics of using “shoulder dates”[1] at the Red Hat
Summit-affiliated hotels to house our FUDCon attendees. There are a
number of factors to consider, including but not limited to cost and
convenience to the FUDCon location.

We hope to have all hotel details and room blocks shortly.  You can bank
on more news the moment that happens.  If you need to list your
attendance as "tentative" or if you have special needs (or can offer
lodging), please feel free to list that information as well.

= = = = =
[1] For people who don’t know, “shoulder dates” are dates surrounding a
booked event, for which the hotel guarantees rooms at the event rate.
Because of the business being brought in by the Summit, the hotel will
offer the much lower Summit rates for up to three nights around the
conference for people who extend their stays.