LWN subscriptions.. update.

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 01:43:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Josh Boyer
>> What are you using to gather "inactivity" metrics?
>
> last login on lwn as it gives me.
>

>> I have a subscription
>> account that I very rarely sign into because LWN has an RSS feed that
>> typically gives me all the information I need.  However, I do use the
>> subscriber account if something pops up in my RSS feed that sufficiently
>> interests me to actually start a web browswer and sign in to see the
>> subscriber only content.
>
> How infrequent is that login? Is a 6 month window not long enough to
> cover that  sort of thing?

I think the idea is a good one, as long we have some trust in that
LWN's statistics on logins etc are good? I mean I am logged into LWN
using my fedora account, but I am only asked to renew my login every
90 days or so (maybe?). Does it log the last time I used a verified
cookie against the site, or when it asks me to renew my lgon?

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux