Fedora 11 schedule proposal

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 19:03:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> Otherwise, we're really saying that the release date of release n+1 is
> release n's date + six months (which is what we used to do).  And the
> problem with that is that any slips over time meaning that we end up
> running into major holidays for a release date and have to have a
> long/short cycle to reset things.

Does it make sense to ask the following questions?

Historically, how much do we tend to slip per release?  Disregarding
the month during F10 run up specifically during the infrastructure
rebuild.  Are we somewhat consistent with regard to slippage? Is there
an average slippage? The sample size is pretty small so I admit its
not a statically valid measure.   What's the most we've slipped in the
past, that is not the direct result of significant system downtime?

Accounting for historical slippage, were does F12 release land? Mid Nov?

-jef