Fedora 11 schedule proposal

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 21:47:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 03:15:47PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Not just Red Hat resources either.  There are business partners that
> track RHEL releases.  Who knows, maybe they are willing to focus on
> a Fedora release in order to make sure what they care about is in good
> shape for RHEL.  That means more people testing and using.

We have had significant pick-up in interest in Fedora from various
software vendors (ISVs).  I am pushing them to use F11 as the sync clock for
getting their packages in to Fedora following a feature lifecycle.

Knowing the trouble many of them are having ("Can anyone say
'packaging common Java libraries"?), I'm reckoning that the more time
they have, the better.

Unlike RHEL engineering, these ISVs do not get to pick when Fedora is
branched for RHEL 6.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41