Fedora trademark guidelines: More comments

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:16:47 UTC 2008

B1;1704;0cOn Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 05:24:39PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines
>
> "Spins using the Fedora Trademarks or the Secondary Mark may be subject
> to additional requirements imposed by the Fedora Board or its designees
> or delegates."
>
> This sentence is quite confusing to me. Why would spins using the
> secondary mark? I thought the secondary mark is not regulated by the
> Fedora Board at all anyway.
>
> It is not clear from a reading of the guidelines that
>
> Spins = Official variants
> Remixes = Community variants

I will be making some additional adjustments at the suggestion of RH
Legal, after talking to them on Tuesday about some last-minute
concerns they had.  The sentence in question, for example, is
scheduled for demolition.  I'll also be clarifying the definitions as
part of this work.  I'll make a big announcement once the editing's
all done.