Fedora 10 GA Release Planning Meeting

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 20:02:15 UTC 2008

2008-11-19

Invitees:
Spot Callaway -- Fedora Engineering manager (present)
Máirín Duffy -- Art (covered by Ricky)
Dimitris Glezos -- Translation (regrets)
Paul Frields -- Fedora Project Leader (present)
Jesse Keating -- Release Engineering (present)
Mike McGrath -- Infrastructure (present)
Bill Nottingham -- Development/FESCo (present)
John Poelstra -- Organizer (present)
Jonathan Roberts -- Marketing
Max Spevack -- Ambassadors (covered by Karsten)
Karsten Wade -- Documentation (present)
Will Woods -- Quality Assurance (present)
Ricky Zhou -- Websites (present)

Things that we want to do better based on experience of Preview Release
--typo in mirror manager link
    --do a manual click through of web pages
--Matt Domsch handled processes before, but he was unavailable
   --process is documented now so others will know what to do
--better coordination of release day announcement

Mike McGrath
--ready to go
--https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/9

Karsten (representing Documentation and Ambassadors)
--would it be possible to get bits to ambassadors early for release parties?
--release notes final package went in
--translation of top 20 languages are more than 75% done
    --most translation for any release date
--every team should be reviewing the release notes to make sure
everything is there that should be
   --can get changes into zero-day update so there is still a little time

Will Woods
--RC is on the way and focused on install testing and collecting things
to put on common bugs page
--flip the release note flag for individual bugs if you believe a
release note should be added

Jesse Keating
--liveimages are available on alt.fedoraproject.org
--starting mash process and hope to have bits up
--please review list of tickets to make sure nothing has been missed
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=Fedora+10+Final

Bill Nottingham
--blocker list is clean
--we cannot say for sure at this point that we will not slip, but
overall things look okay

Ricky Zhou (representing Web and Art)
--translations coming in a little slowly, but hopefully will be done in time
--banners coming along
--would love help testing website updates
http://publictest15.fedoraproject.org/fedora

Spot Callaway
--doing hands-on live installs on in Westford on a variety of machines