PackageKit "Vendor" URLs

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 18:58:38 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham (notting at redhat.com) said:
> Tom spot Callaway (tcallawa at redhat.com) said:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Here's my first pass at a very simple page to explain to PackageKit
> > users why something they searched for was not found in Fedora:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageKit_Items_Not_Found
> >
> > Feedback is welcomed. Keep in mind that we cannot make references to
> > specific 3rd party repositories here.
>
> The initial bits are rather repetitive. Not sure it can be avoided.
>
> Under what circumstances is PackageKit looking for *drivers*?

We may want to explain what a 'codec' is, depending on how PackageKit
is phrasing it before you get to this page. For codecs and drivers,
asking for them to be packaged may not be helpful, as:

- for codecs, if it's not there, it's either legal or it doesn't exist
- for drivers, we want them upstream

Bill