5th anniv

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:37:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Elliot Lee wrote:
>
>> My first thought was "we're on Fedora 10 in only five years?" and then I
>> thought "five years already?" :)
>
> I think for the 5 year anniversary we need all the old-skool guys to write
> in to f-a-b and tell one of their favorite Fedora stories.
>
> /me looks around in the tubes for Gafton

Back in 1997/98, all the Red Hat developers had either gone on
vacation or were going to various show because some version of Red Hat
Linux 5.x had been released. We in support had been told to direct any
questions to the new employee who was down the hall. The big scary guy
who smoked a lot, and seemed to know only five words.. none of them
printable. So we pulled short straws and one of us would creep down
the hallway and ask the TrollKing to fix some package that was
horribly broken. That person would then get a barrel of swear words
and other language that we weren't sure was directed at us or the
package (or the co-owner who had decided to allow everyone else 2
weeks break after a release). Eventually we found out that getting him
cigarettes without filters and instant coffee that he would use as
straight food was our best bets for survival.

Oh wait, you wanted a fedora story with Gafton...

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux