Fedora 10 Beta Release Planning Meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 19 20:33:41 UTC 2008

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> No but the meeting minutes are not published publicly for such
>> meetings either. The Fedora specific budget details are however
>> published at
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Accounting
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommunityArchitecture/Expenses
>>
>> This I consider to be a very good thing.
>
> It's off-topic for this thread, but I really appreciate you saying that.
> I go to a lot of effort to make those numbers (a) accurate and (b)
> public, and I'm glad that there are people who actually care.  It makes
> me happy.

I absolutely do care about it. It is one example of transparency of
process which I have highlighted specifically to other people. I have
been a board member and I understand there are good reasons to keep
secrets on special occasions and I have done so when asked to if the
reasons are appropriate. You don't see me demanding that we publish
passwords to Fedora infrastructure systems either. Taking the lazy route
out and blaming the messenger and questioning motivation is however a
very petty thing to do when concerns are expressed.

If you hold private meetings related to Fedora, you better have very
good reasons to do so and be explicit about it. It might be more work to
involve other people but we must be making special efforts every step of
the way to be as transparent as possible. This meeting is not a example
of that.

Rahul