Planning Post F10 Elections

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 14:00:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 16:25 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 13:22 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 01:17:17AM +1200, Nigel Jones wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >

> > I like the idea of multiple elections at the same time.  In my
> > experience, such increases voter turnout (there's more to gain/lose at
> > one time), while decreasing voter burnout ("another election?  didn't
> > I just do that last week?").
>
> +1 on this.

+1

> > > It'd appear problems could arise in cases where someone may wish to
> > > stand for both *SCo and Board simultaneously and only accept one
> > > nomination.
> > >
> > > Now, I'd assume that this situation would be fairly rare, and in these
> > > cases we could have the situation where a candidate says "If I get both
> > > nominations, I'll only accept the one for X", my question is, is this
> > > acceptable to _you_.
> >
> > To me, yes.
>
> I'd prefer that people not look at multiple elections as a way to hedge
> bets.  Not that anyone has ever given me that impression of course!  But
> I'd much rather keep the election as simple and light on regulation as
> possible, so I'm not about to suggest any additional rules based on my
> personal feelings.

Sorry, is it *policy* that a person cannot be on the Board and FESCo at
the same time, or just *practice*?

If policy, we do need to make a rule around how they interact.  I don't
mind someone standing for both elections at the same time, and they
should state in advance what they'll do if they get elected to both.
But I've personally never considered it to be a problem to be in both
groups.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener