Invitation for the International Advisary and Editorial Board of International Open Source Magazine... Fibonacci

sf-foss at iiitm.ac.in sf-foss at iiitm.ac.in
Fri Apr 10 05:51:42 UTC 2009

Dear Director,

Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior (http://www.iiitm.ac.in/), is one of the leading Indian universities in fields of IT and management. SF-FOSS is a forum running under the university for working in the field of Open Source. The forum conducts numerous activities for the promotion of Open Source Software, Linux, philosophy, concept and awareness of free/open source movement. We also work for the development of Free/Open Source Software.

As a part of out endeavor to spread the message of FOSS far and wide, especially among the student community, we are planning to release a magazine "Fibonacci". The magazine aims at spreading knowledge... unrestrained.

The magazine already has collaboration with National Resource Center for FOSS (NRC-FOSS) that is working for the national networking. Also the magazine has collaborated with SUN Microsystems for all the support and technical guidance.

For the same, it gives me a great pleasure to invite you for the International Advisory Committee of the Magazine. The editorial committee consists of a diverse mixture of people from academia, developers and technicians.

We wish to give a good coverage of Fedora and the various applications in it since it is the choice OS and we have been using it sine quite long. Please provide us with some editor who can give some insight into Fedora in form of articles or information that we may include in the magazine. Also if possible please suggest us with some editors (preferably from industry) for the International Editorial Committee of the magazine.

The details of the magazine are available at http://sf-foss.iiitm.ac.in/fibonacci/.

Please confirm us your acceptance by 12th April, 2009.

We are sure that under your guidance, the magazine would become a phenomenal success.

Looking forward for a positive reply from your side,
Thanks and regards,

Rahul Kala
President
SF-FOSS