Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2009-02-03

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Wed Feb 11 19:50:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:30:58 -0500
"Tom \"spot\" Callaway" <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 2009-02-09 at 10:45:05 -0500, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks again spot for helping me sort this out. While I think I
> > understand the distinctions being made here perhaps we should
> > stop. :)
>
> I spoke to Chitlesh a bit at FOSDEM about this, and he made an
> additional point that is worth noting: In the Semi-conductor industry,
> the OVM is not simply used in the code or even content sense, but it
> is also used as reference documentation.

I was wondering if that might be the case. I specifically asked if
there was some other use for this package, but got no answer. ;(

I'm not sure it could be packaged in a way that made clear that it was
documentation, but yet was still usable to those that had the non free
tool to use it. If that could be made to happen, I would probably
support it's inclusion.

> Just to further complicate things.
>
> It seems like this is an area where a free software implementation
> that leverages the OVM would be a welcome addition to the toolchest.
> Google Summer of Code anyone? :)

Yes, that would be great!

> ~spot

kevin