Xuropa offers FEL free exhibition space

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 17:08:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that's a fine and prudent idea, absolutely.  The most
> important objective for Fedora, in this case, is that the FEL and
> Fedora are visible and relevant for EDA audiences worldwide, and that
> Chitlesh and other FEL and Fedora contributors are empowered to
> provide those resources to interested individuals and groups
> effectively, without substantial drain on Xuropa's resources.

Paul,

If Xuropa is able to handle the accounting of donation collection and
dispersement to specific upstream FEL related project development..or
even to support Chitlesh directly to do FEL integration work would
that be acceptable without any of the money coming into the Fedora
project, would that be acceptable?  The Board could come to an
agreement with Xuropa as to the reporting and dispersement
requirements Xuropa would need to do to keep the trademark access.

I get the sense that Xuropa might be a better steward for donations
targeted to further open EDA development than Fedora could be as they
are an entity in the technical area that FEL targets.  And if that's
the case, just letting Xuropa manage the flow of donations to upstream
projects may make some sense.

-jef