Fedora Board Recap 2009-01-20

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 21:10:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, John Poelstra wrote:

> == What is Fedora? ==
> * Are Fedora's mission and goals clear?
> * Background
> ** https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview
> ** https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-January/msg02227.html
> * Move further discussion to fedora-advisory-board at redhat.com

Me again :)

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-July/msg00137.html

So I'll kick this up a notch a bit and not ask questions but propose
things.

I'd like the fedora board and or FPL to give us a mission statement.

I'd like to see a plan that I and everyone else can follow to implement
this statement in the work we do.

If http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview is correct.  I'd like to see the
page focused and simplified on what we're about.  I'd also like to know
what we should do to get it spread around a bit more.

Somehow I feel like we've not properly set our users expectations right
and in the end it hurts us when they have a bad experience.  Fedora's goal
is not one of a popularity contest, we serve a deeper purpose. [1]

	-Mike

[1]  I could be very wrong on this but the fedora-users thread was
interesting but didn't yield the number of answers I'd hoped.