Follow-up on Extended Life Cycle

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 16:31:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 09:20:20AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 17:14 +0300, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> >
> > Is it necessary to go all-or-nothing,
>
> In my opinion yes.  What's on the DVD vs not is largely arbitrary, and
> really doesn't mean anything to a user 13 months after they've done the
> install.
>
> Again take a look at the security definitions of what Critical means,
> and apply that to the package sets within Fedora.  It's not going to be
> as many updates as people seem to think.

I didn't think it was a foregone conclusion that this was limited to
"Critical" security issues.  That's certainly not listed in the wiki
page either, and Jeroen asked us for input on what level of security
fixes would be appropriate.  Doesn't that number increase as one
widens that net to include Important and Moderate severity?