fedoraproject.org email lists

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 01:28:19 UTC 2009

I have a deep interest in bringing greater clarity and focus to the
"What is Fedora" topic and bringing it to resolution (it started in
January 2009).  As a result I went back approximately 1.5 years and
read/skimmed all of the board meeting minutes for pertinent topics.

Along the way I found some interesting topics.  One topic I found that
does not appear to have been resolved is standardizing and administering
all the Fedora mailing lists in Fedora.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2008-04-29#fedoraproject.org_mail_.282008-01-29.29

To my knowledge this topic has never been fully resolved--in that the
Fedora email lists are still spread between the redhat.com and
lists.fedoraproject.org domains.

1) Is this still an important issue that should be pursued?

2) If "yes" to #1, what are the next steps?

3) Is anyone currently working on this and if so, who are the owner(s)?

4) Is this really a "Fedora Board" issue?

5) If this is a board issue what is needed from the board?

If #4 == "yes" and there is data for #5 I will open a board ticket for
this issue.

John