LXDE Spin Approved

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 12:57:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 06:04:20PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:29:35PM +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The Spins SIG has previously approved the LXDE Spin:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LXDE_Spin
> >
> > Regrettably, no action item was assigned to notify either the Board or
> > the maintainer of this approval in order to request Trademark approval.
> >
> > I take all the blame, but hence I request trademark approval for this
> > spin on behalf of the spin maintainer, our dear Christoph Wickert.
>
> Thanks for the notice Jeroen -- I've added this to our agenda and I
> think we can possibly handle this before Thursday's meeting.

I've proposed to the Board that we'll handle these requests in a
"request-default-approved" mode.  That is, we expect to see a request
for these uses coming to the FAB list, as has been done in the past
(just as with this one, and thank you again for sending it).  Unless
there are objections from any Board member within 72 hours, the usage
of trademarks for that spin should be considered approved.